Adding a Scouting Trip in the Advantage Acre® Scouting App
Scouting is critical for crop management insight. The Scouting App offers the user a digital record of scouting trips that automatically upload to the user’s Advantage Acre account. Locations (with GPS coordinates), Pictures, and Notes are quickly recorded, stored, and shared using this tool.
1. From your device desktop, Tap on Scouting App icon.
- The Scouting App opens to the Map view Main page. It can be switched to List view by tapping on List. The List view can be sorted by Alpha Grower Name, Field Distance from device, and by Crop Growth Stage by tapping on Sort by: at bottom center of screen. There is a Search icon in the top right corner of screen of each view. Fields to be scouted can be selected by zooming in Map view and tapping on field; tapping on Farm/Field name in List View; or entering Farm/Field name into Search, then tapping on Field name. The Blue Dot is the active location of the Scouting App device.
- Once the field is selected, tap on START TRIP. The app tracks your path. To add a Stop for a Scouting Note, tap on the (+) in the lower right corner, then tap on the Note icon.
- Add Location (GPS Coordinates), by tapping on Using your location, then tap on Done in top right corner when Blue Dot with reticle indicates your location in field. The Dot becomes grey, and GPS coordinates are displayed.
- Add Photo by tapping on Add Photo, then take picture in Portrait view.
- Add Scouting Notes by tapping on Enter notes…, add scouting notes, then tap on Save in top right corner, or the SAVE in the orange box, to save that location’s New Note. Do NOT switch Private On, as you will not be able to view this location’s Scouting Note later.
- The user may enter as many stops with notes as they wish. When ready to complete scouting trip, tap on Done in the top right corner, then Finish. The Scouting Trip is automatically uploaded to the Advantage Acre account for this field.