Quick Create Fields with Advantage Acre® Scouting App
The Scouting App offers the user a fast way to add new fields to existing Advantage Acre accounts while in the field, and allows the user to add a Scouting Trip to that new field at the same time the user creates the field.
- Tap on the Scouting App icon.
- The Scouting App opens to the Map view main page. Tap on List at the bottom center of the screen. Tap on + Add a field in the account you wish to add the new field. The Field Info Menu, with five editable information categories, is now displayed.
- Field Name, Farm, and Boundary/Area are required to Add a field. Crop and Planting Date are optional. Tap on each edit pencil on the right side of each field info line to edit record. Edit Boundary/Area
- Enter Field Name then tap Done. Select Farm and Crop by tapping on desired info line. Select Planting Date and tap Done. Each entry takes user back Field Info menu. Each time the user must tap on an edit pencil to add field information.
- After tapping on Boundary/Area edit pencil, Field Boundary screen with Quick Create and Start Recording buttons appears. Tap on Quick Create button to select 50 acre field around device, tap OK, and then tap on Save In top right corner to save new Field.
- Start Trip screen appears immediately, and by tapping START TRIP a new scouting trip is started. Zooming out will reveal the 50 acre field boundary, and if the device is near the edge of the field, the boundary will likely overlap into the neighboring field. All scouting notes, inside or outside of this boundary, will be saved when trip is finished.
- Go to the Advantage Acre website to edit this field boundary. Select field and click on field’s edit pencil. (See Creating and Editing Field Boundaries How-To) The CLU has been selected to show actual field boundary. (6th Edit Tile from top)
- Click on Edit Boundary Outlines. Drag and add dots to match CLU boundary. Click Save.
- Click on Field Records, then click on Scouting Activity arrow to open Scouting Notes recorded right after field was created with Quick Create. New notes may be added.