This example uses an Advantage Acre Seed Plan created Fixed Rate with Test Blocks, referred to as an FRx, but technically still a variable rate prescription, to demonstrate the Extracting, or Un-Zipping, process.
- Click on the Shapefile – Download Recommendation button, after a few seconds of loading, the zipped VRx file will be displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Left Click on the Down Arrow to open choice window, Select Show in folder.
- The Zipped file as been moved to the Downloads folder, and is highlighted in Blue. Right Click on file to open function window. Left Click on Extract All.
- Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window Click on Browse to Select a Destination to Extract Files.
- Confirm or Add Folders, then Click on Select Folder button.
- Click on Extract button.
- The Extracted Files are displayed in the destination folders as displayed in the top line of the File Browser Display. Advantage Acre VRx’s (including FRx’s with Test Blocks) contain 3 file types, visible after Extraction: DBF, SHP, and SHX.
- These files are now un-zipped, and ready to be uploaded by themselves, or combined with other un-zipped VRx files, to a planter cab monitor in a properly named folder on a USB drive.
This example was specifically on un-zipping Advantage Acre VRx’s, but these same steps may be used for ALL zipped files that need to be un-zipped, regardless of application.
See “How to Load Variable Rate Recommendations onto Cab Monitors” under Field & Seed Plans on the Advantage Acre SUPPORT Page for specific steps to load these Un-Zipped, or Extracted, files.