Advantage Acre allows the user and an easy way to view USDA soil survey data. Here are the steps to view Soil Type data along with some additional reference to USDA soil survey data.
- Create a field in Advantage Acre and go to the field you want to view soil survey data and click on the soil tab.
- From the soil tab users have six different options to select (three are coming soon). To view the USDA Soil Survey data select ‘Soil Type’
- In the Soil Type feature, users can then select from one of six soil attributes. The surface texture, organic matter, CEC, and pH attributes are all for the surface horizon.
- After selecting the soil attribute you can then view the values for the attribute related to each soil type.
If you are interested in learning more about the USDA Soil Survey, here are links to resources:
- Link to the USDA Web Soil Survey homepage -https://websoilsurvey.sc.egov.usda.gov/App/HomePage.htm
- UC Davis soil survey tool that makes viewing soil profiles very easy - https://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/gmap/
- Many good links to Soil Survey history -https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/soils/survey/
- Link to What is Soil Survey -https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/soils/edu/?cid=nrcs142p2_054281
- An ok Wikipedia page on Soil Survey -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Cooperative_Soil_Survey
- USDA Geospatial Data Gateway where you can download lots of different dataset from the USDA - https://datagateway.nrcs.usda.gov/