1. Download the VRx from your Advantage Acre® Move the zipped file to your blank USB flash drive. NOTE: Case IH highly recommends using their own USB Flash Drive, Part # 47962967. Do NOT use more than 4GB flash drives.
2. Once moved into your flash drive the VRx file must be Unzipped or Extracted. Right Click on the file, select Extract All.
After Extracting files, there will be 3 files for each field, on your USB flash drive.
3. Create a New Folder in your USB flash drive named Shapefile. This is the only way the monitor will recognize the VRx.
4. Move all 3 files, for every field, into the folder named Shapefile. The image below is the view of the flash drive after the files have been moved. *Select Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media from lower right PC Toolbar.
5. Insert the flash drive into the monitor BEFORE starting your tractor!
6. Go to Toolbox, Select Product. Verify correct VRx Setup.
a. Hybrid/Variety Names
b. VRx Min and Max (VRx bounds to prevent under or over planting)
7. A Pop-Up Caution window will appear after starting the monitor.
a. Select from, either OK or Import. Select the Import2 button.
b. If you do not see Import2, scroll over to the right with the arrow button.
c. This is under the Data Management Tab, if you miss this pop-up window.
8. After selecting the Import2 button, your screen will have 6 drop-down options
- You will have one drop-down option called
- Confirm the Source drop-down says
- The next drop-down option will say Data Type; select Prescription.
- The next drop-down box will be labeled Prescription and that tab will list your entire variable rate maps that are on the flash drive you inserted. Select the VR Recommendation associated with the field.
- Once the desired field is selected, a pop-up window will appear called Product Selection. Choose Target Rate k or s. Press OK and your VRx Map will appear.
- Click on the Select Field drop down and enter the corresponding Grower, Farm, and Field.
- Select the Product Form drop down menu and select
- Click on Units and select either ksds/ac or sds/ac to MATCH Step d.
- At the top right-hand side of the screen click Import and then click Enter. Import Successful should appear.
9. Select Back in the lower left, go to home screen, select Work Condition.
10. At the bottom select the Layer tab
- Assign work condition as you normally would when planting by selecting Work Condition and enter
- For LAYER 1 select Seed.
- For PRODUCT 1 select the Product that you will be planting in this field.
11. Go back to the Home screen and select
12. At the bottom, scroll to the right and select RX Setup.
- At the top, enable Auto Reload Rx.
- Select the corresponding Grower, Farm, and Field to the VR recommendation.
- Select Prescription 1, click the VR recommendation.
- Set the Out of Zone Rate 1. If GPS location is lost, the Out of Zone Rate 1 population will be planted until GPS location returns.
13. VRx’s are loaded into your Pro 700v30 monitor. You are ready to plant!
Case IH Support - 855-423-7435 | Advantage Acre Support - 855-278-9134