Seed plans bring fundamental value to field-by-field planning in Advantage Acre. Correct hybrid placement and optimal seeding rates are key to maximizing R.O.I. potential on any field in any operation. Create both fixed and variable rate seeding plans for up to 5 seed products in a field. Utilize the Functional Soil Maps Productivity Index for Test Block placement to enhance on-farm testing and verify recommended seeding rates. Variable Rate seeding plans and the Functional Soil Maps Productivity Index are Advantage Acre Plus features.
Seed Plan Access
After a field is selected click on the Field Records tab and select Add a new record.
Figure 1: Field Records and Add a new record
Starting the Seed Plan
- New Planting Record: Select the planting option after you have selected add a new record.
Figure 2: Add Planting Record
2. Choosing Crop and Crop History: Next select the crop you are going to plant from the drop down list and view the Crop History
Figure 3: Crop selection
Crop History: A list of previous year's crop rotation will be auto populated from CropScape. You can edit your crop history by selecting each year's crop from the drop down lists.
Figure 4: Crop History
3. Select a Planting Date: A suggested planting date will be automatically entered, using the Weather trends long-term forecast to help better estimate your upcoming window for planting.
Figure 5: Planting Date
Changing Predicted date: By selecting the Calculator icon next to the provided date, you can edit the GDD to Emergence and the Optimal days to emergence, according to your local observations, to get a more accurate planting date. Enter the updated numbers and click the green Calculator in the bottom right corner to recalculate the planting date.
Figure 6: Editing Emergence details
4. Selecting Planter, Tractor, Operator, and adding Notes. You have the option to select the planter, tractor and operator that will be used to plant this field. You can select from the drop down lists that are available. The information in the drop down lists are from Equipment and Operator Libraries. By default, Advantage Acre uses 30" rows to calculate seeding rates; adding equipment with your specific row spacing will increase the accuracy of your seeding rate and unit calculations. After you have updated your information select Save and Continue.
Figure 7: Equipment,operator, and save and continue
5. Selecting Hybrid(s) Now select the Hybrid(s) you would like to plant. You have the option to choose up to 5 hybrids.
-You can search for multiple seed brands by typing in the search box; you can also filter by Average Maturity. (There will be suggested seed hybrids from the brand you signed up for with Advantage Acre. Ex: if you chose AgriGold there will be suggested AgriGold hybrids listed at the bottom.)
Figure 8: Maturity filters and suggested Hybrids
Figure 9: Search box and search results
After you select your Hybrid(s) select Save and Continue.
6.Seed Treatment and Seed Size. You can select the size of your seed and treatment from the drop down lists. There will be suggested seed size and treatments based of off LG and AgriGold products. You can add treatments in your Crop Protectant Library.
Save and Continue after selecting Seed size and Treatment.
7. Placement In the Placement step, you will select a yield goal and will be provided a suggested seeding rate. The default yield goal is your county's five year average; you may adjust the yield goal, then recalculate the seeding rate.
You also will choose if you are using a Multi-Hybrid planter, split planter, or planting a percentage of the field with multiple hybrids.
Figure 11: Adjusting seeding rate
Select Save and Finish
8. Your seed plan is complete. You can access your completed seed plan in Field Records. You can edit it, switch to Variable Rate, and add test blocks (follow the link for more information on variable rate https://support.advantageacre.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028138291-Why-Variable-Rate-Seeding-and-How-Advantage-Acre-Creates-Them-in-Advantage-Acre-)