The Analysis feature is used to study yield data and create conclusions about how management decisions impacted results throughout the year. The tool can compare different yield attributes to factors including planting data, Functional Soil Map attributes, and yield data. This allows the user to visualize and understand results after harvest to better prepare for next season. These tools function best while using a PC or laptop computer instead of a mobile device.
Accessing the Analysis Feature
To use the Analysis feature, you must first have yield data loaded into Advantage Acre. This can be done using the integrations tool. (See Integrations instruction guide for more information) Once yield data is uploaded completely:
- Click on the Analysis tab located on the right-hand side of the screen (Figure 1).
- Filter what attributes to compare using the Analyze Yield and Compare Yield To lists (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Analysis Tab
Using the Analysis Feature
Once filters are selected, the map will visualize the data to be analyzed. The top left of the screen will display a summary showing acres, average yield, and the average of the factor to which you are comparing yield. Under the summary, the legend is displayed. The legend further explains your yield comparison. The map can be adjusted by moving the green sliders located under the legend title. Data in a specific region in the field can by seen by hovering the cursor over that cell (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Using the Analysis Feature
Area Select Tools
The Area Select Tools allow for editing of the boundary to view a specific part of the field. The legend will also adjust to show data from this portion of the field.
- Click the Add to Selection button located at the bottom left corner under Area Select. (Figure 3)
- Using the mouse, click on the map to draw the area to be analyzed. (Figure 4)
Figure 3: Add to Selection
- Re-click the first point or double-click when finished drawing to complete the new boundary. (Figure 4)
Figure 4: Drawing Area to Select
- Click the Map Selection button in the bottom left corner to switch to view the yield map. (Figure 5)
- Use the Clear Selection button under Area Select to clear your selected boundary. (Figure 5)
Figure 5: Clear Selection