Emergence Date Estimates in Advantage Acre®
Crop emergence date estimation brings value to field-by-field planning in Advantage Acre. When to plant, when to spray, or when to side dress, are more accurately planned with better emergence date estimates.
1. A Planting record for the field is necessary to get an emergence date estimate in the Timeline. Planting records are automatically created when the SEND SEED PLAN TO ADVANTAGE ACRE feature is used in the Mix Matters Tool or Seed1st. The Planting Field Record is automatically displayed after selecting a field. This record uses a default planting date of May 1st. Updating the record to a different estimated, or actual, planting date is the only edit required to see an estimated emergence date in the Timeline. (Save and continue after editing.)
2. If the SEND SEED PLAN feature is not used, a Planting Field Record must be created in Advantage Acre to get an estimated emergence date in the Timeline. Once the field is selected in Advantage Acre, select Field Records, then select Add New Record.
3. Select the Planting tile.
4. For an emergence date estimate in the timeline, at a minimum, complete the following on the four Seed Plan pages:
page 1: Select a planting date from the Calendar. Select Save and continue.
page 2: Select a hybrid or variety. Select Save and continue.
page 3: (Treatment & Size - Can skip this information). Select Save and continue.
page 4: (Placement - Can skip this information). Select Save and finish.
5. In the Timeline, select the Growth Stage button and the Degree Days button. If more than one Planting Record is listed for the field (within the same year or for different years), select the edit pencil on each button and select the correct planting date from the dropdowns. Close these windows with the X once selections have been made.
6. Estimated Growth Stages, including VE are displayed, along with a gold line tracking the accumulation of GDD’s. A cursor hover will offer dates and information for any feature, including all along the GDD line. The VE Growth Stage bar will attempt to estimate emergence at 120-130 GDD’s for Corn and 150-160 GDD’s for Soybeans.